Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Candy Corn Treat Bags



Candy Corns are always a staple item during the month of October. Though I am not crazy about their taste (too sweet for me) their bright bold colors are perfect for Autumn and scream "FUN." I could't resist trying to come up with a way to make candy treat bags look like candy corns.  Besides this bag may look like a candy corn but the candy inside tastes even better.  I used an icing bag instead of a regular cellophane bag so it would have a cone shape.  I cut off part of the top right where the bag starts to angle in one direction.  Then tied it all up with a pretty orange piece of ribbon.  I found these bags in packs of 3.  For the White top I used white chocolate covered pretzel balls.  For the middle I used orange slices and the bottom is filled with lemon drop hard candies.  I'm sure you can get creative and think of several other favorite candies to substitute in white, orange and yellow.  Have fun with it!





7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea - those orange slices are SO GOOOD!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart idea! I wish I was throwing a Halloween party so I could make these!

    Life Unsweetened

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. I absolutely love this for my Halloween party. Thanks for sharing!!

    Oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet treat idea! So simple but so cute. Little trick-or-treaters will love these. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! What a perfect Halloween treat with the perfect variety of sweets!
    x
    www.iloveublank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete