Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Light Bright Nights

There is nothing quite like twinkling lights at night.  The soft rays of light instantly lift my mood with their whimsical ways of turning any place into an outdoor wonderland.  Over this Labor-day weekend  I had the pleasure of seeing night lights just about every night.  Everything from candles, lanterns, tree-lights, light bulbs and of course the BIG city. They have been at my every turn and I managed to capture most of it on camera to share with you.  All of these bright nights have given me the urge to create my own perfect place to entertain in the spot light (too bad I don't have a back yard of my own just yet.)
I also added some of my favorite photo finds of outdoor lighting  ideas.   Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend :)

Outdoor cafe at dusk
Ceiling at the Gramercy Park Hotel Roof-Top. Super Cool!
Up close View
Roof top @ the Gramercy Park Hotel with some great  girl friends.




Our walk home from the ferry

Now that you have seen all of my photos here are some really great twinkling light ideas that I came across.  I am sure they will prove to be quite influential for my first big backyard or in helping to plan my sister's wedding in the future.  Enjoy and Happy Twinkles :)

This looks like a dream.  photo source
Find these at Ballard Design

photo source
Mason Jar Lanterns.  You can totally make these yourself or buy them at Etsy
These are so cool.  Stockings filled with water balloons that have glow stick liquid inside.  photo source


photo source


photo source
photo source
photo source
photo source
LOVE these!  Find these  at Not on the High street
photo source
photo source
photo source
Nostalgia got the best of me with this one - Lite Bright - photo source





3 comments:

  1. Holy moly, man! I am dying over the tunnel of twinkle lights down that winding path. Straight up magical! I also LOVE the floating lights - So amazing! Always wonder where the heck those suckers end up when they burn out. HA! And then I remember, don't ask questions you don't really want the answers to :)
    x
    www.iloveublank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I always wondered about what happens to the floating lights too. I am worried that they become litter :(

      Delete
  2. The ceiling of the Gramercy Park Hotel Roof-Top looks amazing. I wonder how many light bulbs they hung there. Well, I hope those are LED bulbs so they can save a lot of energy. It can be very expensive if those are just the typical incandescent bulbs. ->Allison Shallenberger

    ReplyDelete